Yesterday morning (eeearly morning, as in 2AM), I was awaken by the constant buzz of my phone. Annoyed and simply couldn’t find any way to get back to sleep, I decided to wake up and check what the racket was about. Long story short, I found out that the buzzes were my friends who were informing that I was accepted as participant of Young Leaders for Indonesia McKinsey !
There is no way to describe just how grateful I am to be one out of the 60 chosen delegates. It’s amazing what reputation the program has and the impact its given towards our society. The thought of me finally getting to contribute directly towards a better Indonesia gets me really excited! 🙂 But that brings me to a series of worries.
Firstly, you should probably know that the program runs for 6 months:
- 3 forums held in Jakarta on late April, early July and late September 2013
- Between the first and second forum, we are entitled to do an individual project that contributes to our own environment (~2 months)
- Between the second and third forum, delegates are split into groups and are to do a bigger project with a bigger impact (~3 months)
The one great thing about the program is that delegates receive a big scholarship that covers all costs of the program, so financial needs are all settled. Secondly and most importantly, THE BOARDS AND SPEAKERS ARE AMAZING! From politicians and ambassadors, to company CEOs. Amongst them are Anies Baswedan, Sandiago Uno, HE Dinno Patti Djalal and Gita Wirjawan. In short, the program is awesome!!
But… back to my worries. So there are a couple of things that hovers on my mind:
- I’m currently having that inferior syndrome. I know and I’m sure that my 59 new friends are aaawesome and dedicated, which makes me feel so nervous since we have to do speeches and discussions and stuff
- I’m not sure what to do for my individual projeeect. I’ve got ideas but i feel nervouuusss
- I have to give up not doing UGM’s academic obligation of doing community service, and postpone it til’ next semster 😐
But then again, creating changes for a better future is never easy. And nevertheless I am 100% sure that I will gain sooooo much experience and have great coaches to overcome all those obstacles 🙂
I am ready to contribute and unleash Indonesia!